wars and atacking

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: wars and atacking

Post  Squal on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:41 am

Seems we need to start defending our own... I personally am now devoting EVERY resource I own to armies. I am sick of being attacked myself; time to fight back! Get your resource bases in to the 1000's then just build an army. If you need ANY help, let me know. I can provide spare resources and am willing to send as many reinforcements as I possibly can!

~Squal
Squal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wars and atacking

Post  LordQ on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:32 am

True.
At speed server attacks come and go so fast that it's sometimes difficult to defend. (send reincforcements, dodge etc.)
Resource fields to the max and build City Walls to lvl20, Armourer and improve armor of defending units. Armor of those units that are ment for defending.
But actually armor comes really in use when having 1000+ defending units.

Low upkeep units are effective in defending. Exchange defending units. Teutons build Spearmen and Romans Praetorians. Gauls have Phalanx but that's only average defender. This way you can get infantry and cavalry defend to your village(s).

If someone attacks with numerous units dodge with all your troops or just with attacking units. Make notes what was number of units and calculate with simulator your odds of winning. Coordinating good defence attacker will think if he wants to attack again and lose lots of troops.
But when packing large defence landing time is crucial and possible wheat deliveries for troops.

This was just a fast scratch so feel free to ask or comment here or ingame.

My two golds.
Q

LordQ

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2